Community Solar vs. SMART Solar Solutions
If you take a look at the headlines over recent weeks, it’s clear to see that community solar is exploding in popularity. Community plans make a lot of sense for many people, but they aren’t the best option if you own your home and want to get the best savings. SMART Solar Solutions from New York Power Solutions can provide better savings and a return on investment over time.
Learn about community solar, why it’s a good thing in some cases, and why you’re probably better off with private solar power in New York.
What is Community Solar Power in New York?
Community solar power is a program where several homes in the same neighborhood or same building receive electricity from a large solar project. This project could be housed on the top of an apartment building, or a nearby property.
With community solar power in New York, you won’t own your solar installation. While you will probably save compared to electricity on the grid, the savings are often smaller than private solar power in New York.
The Chicago Tribune recently stated that “Community Solar is About to Explode”. There are similar stories from other parts of the nation. In New York City, community solar often makes sense for multi-tenant buildings where each resident can’t own their panels.
What Makes a Private New York Solar Installation Better?
The alternative to community solar is having solar panels installed on your rooftop. You will own these panels, even if you finance the installation. Unlike community solar, a private New York solar installation will give you better returns.
- You won’t be locked into an inflexible contract.
- Your rooftop New York solar installation will add value to your home.
- All the money you save with solar will be yours to enjoy.
- Solar typically pays off within the first eight years, and panels can last up to 30 years.
- There are generous federal and state tax incentives for private solar power in New York.
When you install private solar, you will have control over the savings and how you use your panels. You can choose to install a battery backup system, and you can get credits for solar under a Net Metering agreement with your utility company.
Community solar should only be considered if it’s unfeasible to install solar panels on your rooftop. To find out if your home is ready for solar, you can talk to the team at New York Power Solutions.
SMART Solar Solutions with New York Power Solutions
All of our customers join the SMART Solar Program for free. Our SMART solar solutions are designed to ensure reliability and a strong return on investment.
- You’ll get a free estimate and cost/benefit analysis, so you’ll know if solar is worth it.
- We install solar using the best equipment from leading suppliers.
- Our team uses low-penetration racking and flashing to protect your roof.
- Systems are actively monitored to ensure reliability.
- You’ll get access to SMART Solar Program apps to monitor solar from your phone.
- We provide ongoing support and a 25-Year Warranty for solar panels.
Our SMART solar solutions ensure great value and a long-lasting return on investment. Best of all, you can get solar with no money down and an interest-free period. We’ll base a starter loan on expected tax credits and apply the rest of your bill to a secondary loan with a competitive rate.
Community solar is big in the news today, but it could be a big mistake if your home is ready for private solar panels. Discover the best option for your unique needs by starting with your free NY solar estimate. New York Power Solutions has installed more than 5,000 systems so far and is ready to get started on yours.