More New York Solar Panel Programs Announced
Community solar is becoming more common throughout the United States. Shared solar can create savings for homeowners, but these are limited compared to the return on investment of private rooftop solar. With the news of several community New York solar panel programs starting, you might wonder, is it better to wait for a community project, or should you invest in solar now?
Let’s look at the differences between private solar and community New York solar panel programs to see which is best for your needs.
13 New Community New York Solar Panel Programs
OYA Solar recently announced that it has awarded contracts for 13 new community New York solar panel programs, potentially delivering power to 13,000 homes. These developments will be in the State of New York, but specific locations weren’t announced in a recent press release.
Community New York solar panel programs can deliver more affordable energy to communities, especially in areas where there are numerous rental properties, or where rooftop solar is unfeasible.
While Community New York solar panel programs are effective and an important part of America’s energy transition, they aren’t always the best option for the average homeowner.
The Downsides of Community Solar Power in New York
Community solar is excellent for rental properties because there’s no infrastructure required on-site. However, there are downsides to choosing community solar power in New York.
- Availability is lacking. Not every home has access to a community project.
- Projected savings lack context, so it’s hard to understand the long-term benefits.
- You won’t get tax benefits and incentives with community solar power in New York.
- Contracts can be strict and complex, and you could be locked into an agreement even if your needs change.
If you own your home and your rooftop is suitable for solar power in New York, it makes sense to invest in your private solution. You’ll enjoy several advantages with a solar installation in New York.
The Pros of Choosing a Rooftop Solar Installation in New York
Consider all of the advantages of a private solar installation in New York…
- You’ll enjoy a significant return on investment. Panels last 25 – 30 years. Your solar installation in New York could pay for itself in the first decade. After that, all of the savings go back into your pocket.
- You’ll be protected from rising electricity costs on the grid. With a solar battery, you’ll even have protection from outages.
- With New York Power Solutions, you’ll get a cost/benefit analysis so that you can evaluate, in advance, the financial and practical benefits of going solar.
- A rooftop solar installation in New York can increase the value of your home. Because the panels last for decades, that value will remain, even if you don’t plan to sell your home soon.
- You can get access to generous tax benefits and incentives that make solar more affordable. We’ll even factor these into no money down financing for solar panels.
If you want to maximize your savings and get an impressive return, private solar is the way to go.
A Free Estimate for Solar with New York Power Solutions
There’s no risk in finding out if solar is right for you. You can get a free ballpark estimate online with New York Power Solutions. We’ll then proceed with a site survey and your free energy savings assessment and cost/benefit analysis. You’ll be able to make the right decision based on accurate data and a free consultation.
We provide the information. You make the choice. Before considering a community New York solar panel program, talk to our team, and see what we can do with custom home solar solutions.