U.S. Manufacturer Gets a Huge Order for Solar Energy Installation
The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 created tax incentives for solar manufacturing in America. It resulted in a significant rise in investment, with many international producers now setting up factories within the U.S. It’s great news for the wider solar industry because it will help to secure the domestic supply chain. More manufacturing in America also helps to create jobs and could safeguard technical innovations and trade secrets. One recent order placed for American solar panels shows that the solar energy installation industry is stronger than it has ever been.
One of the Largest Solar Energy Installation Orders Ever
Lightsource BP is a utility-scale solar developer. It recently placed an order for 4 gigawatts (GW) of solar panels with an American manufacturer. The order includes thin-film modules, the most advanced currently on the market. Thin-film panels are durable and highly efficient, but they’re most suited to large-scale applications rather than for the home market. They have low availability for retail and a high retail cost. Thin-film solar energy installations require a large surface area, so most residential buildings aren’t suited to this technology.
Still, the news itself is positive. It shows that the industry is stronger than ever, and it also shows how critical solar is for the future of energy in America.
Are You Ready for Solar Power in New York?
The shift in the energy industry is quite clear. Renewables are the future, and solar is the most viable form of renewable energy for the home. You could get solar power in New York and enjoy both savings and reliability.
- The savings come from the fact that solar power in New York reduces your reliance on the grid. Even with just panels and no batteries, you’ll owe less to the utility company every month.
- Reliability can be added with a solar backup battery system. And, a battery could even increase savings by providing you with affordable electricity in the evenings when grid rates are much higher.
If you’re tired of the high electricity rates in our State, a solar energy installation is the best way to gain independence. You can rely less on your local utility provider and take control of your finances.
Incentives for New York Solar Installation
Just like manufacturing corporations, you can get incentives for New York solar installation. There is a range of options available depending on where you live and the type of system you will install.
- Most homeowners in New York City are eligible for a residential property tax abatement program when installing solar.
- There’s a state income tax credit available based on the total solar bill.
- You can get money taken off the top of your bill with a NYSERDA incentive.
- There’s also the 30% federal income tax credit, based on the total solar bill.
The solar incentives today are incredibly generous, but they’re not going to last forever. As more families choose to get New York solar installations, government funding is likely to decrease. If you want to take advantage of the current conditions, you can start to plan your solar energy installation today.
Estimates are Free with New York Power Solutions
You can get a free solar estimate from New York Power Solutions. The initial estimate is based on our accurate satellite data. We can take things from there with a site visit, detailed consultation, and cost/benefit report.
Switching to solar power in New York will secure savings and energy independence in the years to come. With more than 5,000 installations so far, our team is the right one to take care of your solar energy installation.