NYS Solar Incentives Keeping Solar More Affordable Than Ever
According to recent data reported by Stacker News and other major outlets, solar is now around 94% more affordable than it was in 1989. That’s a significant change in just a few decades, especially when you also consider the huge leaps in solar efficiency. If you’re considering a New York solar installation, there hasn’t been a better time in history to get one. NYS solar incentives are available to make solar even more affordable, with significant savings provided by the state and federal governments. Learn how incentives could affect your New York solar installation, and get started with New York Power Solutions.
Why is Solar Power in New York So Much More Affordable Today?
There are a few factors that have contributed to the affordability of Solar Power in New York, and solar throughout America…
- Manufacturing methods have improved, resulting in streamlined costs.
- Solar panel technology has advanced so each unit is easier to produce.
- There’s a larger market for panels, so manufacturers benefit from economies of scale.
Support offered by the government has also helped to bring the real cost of solar down.
With solar power in New York, you can take advantage of Net Metering. This is a program that ensures you are credited for the energy that you export to the grid. It helps to balance the excess produced by your panels during the day vs. the deficit in the evenings when you import electricity from the grid.
There are also direct NYS solar incentives that make New York solar installation more affordable.
- If your home is in New York City, there’s a residential property tax abatement program available to claim up to 20% of the cost of your system over four years.
- Most New York residents are eligible for a state income tax credit, worth up to $5,000 of the cost of a New York solar installation.
- There’s also a generous 30% federal tax credit. This can be claimed on the total cost of a solar installation, including panels, batteries, and other equipment.
NYS solar incentives and federal incentives are responsible for significant savings.
How Can You Tell if Solar Power is Worth It?
Solar will, in theory, provide savings for your home. These savings are created by reducing your reliance on the grid. You’ll pay less to your utility company because a significant amount of your daily energy needs will be covered by your solar panels. You could even add a solar battery system to store energy and reduce the amount of electricity that you need to buy in the evenings.
Most families generate significant savings, but you don’t have to hope and guess.
With New York Power Solutions, you’ll get a detailed energy savings evaluation and consultation. We’ll plan your solar installation and provide a cost/benefit report. This will detail the potential savings over time so that you can see how your investment in solar will make a difference.
We provide the information. You make the choice.
Your Free Solar Estimate from Local Solar Experts
New York Power Solutions has connected more than 5,000 homes to solar, bringing true energy independence to each family. Get started with a free estimate for Solar Power in New York.
With NYS solar incentives and no money down solar financing, it has never been easier or more affordable to make the switch to renewable energy.